29 Days 200-Hour Hatha Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training in Thailand
- How to teach a yoga pose
- Proper alignment
- Anatomy and physiology as it relates to yoga
- Purpose and use of props
- Observing and understanding bodies
- When and how to modify yoga poses
- How or whether to touch students and when to use adjustments
- Restorative poses
- How to skillfully sequence a class
- General history of yoga
- Yoga texts; “Yoga Sutras” of Patanjali, “Bhagavad Gita”, and “Light on Yoga”
- Bandhas integration (muscular contractions)
- How to teach headstand and shoulderstand
- Arm balance progressions
- Find your inner teaching voice (your uniqueness)
- Learn the three main teaching methods; verbal (audio), visual, and physical (kinetic)
- Practice teaching
- The business of yoga; how to market yourself in the yoga community
- Vinyasa flow and hatha techniques
- No prior teaching experience required
- All body types and physical abilities accepted
- Willingness to participate in group study
- Ability to give and receive feedback skillfully
- Read, speak, and comprehend English
- Dedication to the studentship of yoga
- Ananda Pure Yoga teacher training manual (provided)
- Required books; “Light on Yoga” and “Bhagavad Gita”
- Suggested books (list provided prior to start)
- Journal for daily entries
- Laptops, and audio-visual recording devices will be allowed but are not required
- Kindle or electronic versions of books are acceptable if available
DAILY SCHEDULE FROM MONDAY TO SATURDAY
- 08:00 – 09:30 Morning practice
- 09:30 – 10:15 Breakfast buffet
- 11:00 – 13:00 Practice / teaching session
- 13:00 – 13:45 Lunch buffet
- 15:00 – 16:30 Yoga theory and philosophy
- 16:45 – 18:00 Asana Clinic 1
- 18:00 – 18:45 Dinner buffet
- 18:45 – 20:00 Asana clinic 2
Upon completion of this yoga teacher training, students will receive certificate affiliated with Yoga Alliance. Registration with Yoga Alliance provides a globally recognized credential..
During this this training, you will study the form and function of asana (yoga poses), the foundations of pranayama (breath work), the basics of meditation, yoga theory and practice, yoga history and philosophy, basic Sanskrit, yoga teacher ethics and boundaries, and the skills required to teach yoga to others. For this training, one year of consistent yoga practice is recommended.
There is no need to know advanced poses such as headstand, handstand, or other arm balances and inversions. It does not matter if you are not flexible. You will usually have a day off on Sundays and you can expect approximately eight to ten hours of training per day. All Ananda Pure Yoga 200-hour teacher training graduates will receive first consideration for available teaching positions at Ananda Yoga & Detox Center.
Transforming Yoga Teacher Training Thailand
This 200-hour yoga teacher training at Ananda Yoga & Detox Center is the beginning of your new path. This certification is recognized by Yoga Alliance and will be set in the tranquil and beautiful Koh Phangan, Thailand. Our Alignment based Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Certification will allow you to teach globally. You will have the professional guidance of experienced international instructors, and you will learn the theory and practice of yoga, the art of teaching, yoga philosophy, and much more! Choose to follow your passion, your transformation awaits.
- Daily yoga classes
- Study of asana and pranayama
- Yoga theory and teacher practice
- Learn yoga teacher ethics and boundaries
- Learn yoga history and philosophy
- Learm about yoga business
- 28 nights accommodation
- Daily vegetarian meals
ARRIVAL BY AIRPLANE
Please book your flight to arrive at Bangkok International Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK). The most direct way to Koh Phangan is to fly from Bangkok International Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) to Koh Samui Airport (USM).
From there, you can take a minibus to Maenam Beach pier and then take a boat from to Thongsala on Koh Phangan. Lomprayah is one boat service that has a shuttle from the airport to the pier and has three boats leaving daily at 08:00, 12:00, and 17:00 p.m.
Another option is to fly from Bangkok International Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) to Surat Thani Airport (URT). It takes about five hours to get to Koh Phangan from Surat Thani Airport and costs around 500 THB. This includes bus transfer and boat ticket.
ARRIVAL BY BUS
Taking a government bus from Bangkok is a good way to get to Koh Phangan. The government bus will continue on the ferry to Koh Phangan. The bus leaves from the Southern bus terminal in Bangkok, where you must also buy the ticket.
ARRIVAL BY FERRY
Several boat companies provide a daily service between Koh Samui, Koh Tao, and Koh Phangan or the mainland.
ARRIVAL BY TRAIN
There is an efficient train service from Bangkok to the South of Thailand (southern line). The overnight sleeper trains are the best way to go. All trains stop in Chumphon and Suratthani, where you will be provided with a connecting bus to the ferry pier.
The total trip by train and boat takes about nine to 16 hours. A boat ticket to Koh Phangan and transport from the train station to the pier is usually included in the joint ticket. If you do not have a joint ticket you can always buy a ticket for the boat at the pier.
ARRIVAL BY TAXI
Once you make it to Koh Phangan, there will be taxis waiting for you at the pier. You may tell the driver that you want to go to Ananda Yoga & Detox Center on Hin Kong Beach, and they will know where to take you. The price will range from 150 BHT in low season to possibly 300 BHT in high season.
During this teacher training, you will be served three daily buffet-style meals along with herbal tea with each meal. Ananda Yoga & Detox Center Restaurant caters to yogi preferences with an abundant selection of a sattvic nature, prepared in a clean and wholesome environment with love.
They offer a full selection of fresh vegetarian and vegan items including raw foods with daily specials, vegan deserts, and a variety of healthy dishes, in addition to brown rice and many international favorites offered at the request of guests.
There is also a full selection of traditional Thai dishes on the menu. The Love Kitchen also has a juice bar and provides fresh fruit and vegetable juices, fresh coconuts, and shakes for an additional cost.
THE FOLLOWING MEALS ARE INCLUDED:
THE FOLLOWING DIETARY REQUIREMENT(S) ARE SERVED AND/OR CATERED FOR:
Ananda Yoga & Detox Center offers all inclusive yoga teacher trainings and retreats on Koh Phangan. Our yoga packages offer guidance that will leave you with a deeper & stronger yoga practice & understanding. Our detox programs assist people in getting rid of harmful acids and toxins, clearing out unwanted accumulations of mucus, removing blockages in the colon and generally improving circulation – thereby positively impacting your physical bodies, and also your emotional, mental and spiritual states. Read reviews in Tripadvisor: goo.gl/sQBD4y